As 2015 passes by I want to take a look back at what has happened in World of Warcraft.
So in short – if you don’t want to read it all, but I hope you will 😉 After the realease of Warlords of Draenor in late 2014 the main points were:
we got to see a trailer to the first World of Warcraft-movie on blizzcon
- everyone got crazy over Pepe the little bird in the garrison 🙂
- new raid: Hellfire citadel
- new dungeon-difficulty: mythic
- new zone: Tanaan jungle
- new garrison building: shipyard
- the end of Khadgars quest line -> the legendary ring
- bonus events
- UI: adventure guide
A complete list on the patch notes can be found at the end of each patch paragraph.
With the first patch 6.1 (feb. 2015) this year we got:
- the music box
- garrison invasions
- bosses in garrisons (10 to 40 players)
- heirloom collection-tab
- the Twitter integration: connect to your twitter-account and share your latest screenshot, item or achievement with /share.
- class changes:
- priest: halo now displays an indicator on the ground – wow! And: shadowfiend has its cooldown reset at the end of a raid encounter.
- warlocks: cataclysm now also applies unstable affliction for affliction warlocks.
- druid: “glyph of stars” astral form no longer applies it’s visual effect to the mount
- mage: arcane: presence of mind can now be applied to polymorph spells; fire: fireball now replaces frostfire bolt
- paladin: prot: seal of truth is no longer available to prot paladins. Seal of command is now replaced by seal of righteousness instead of seal of truth.
- shaman: grounding totem now protects party AND raid members. Echo of the elements has been redesigned.
- legendary ring: characters are able to select the version of the ring they want to receive.
- popup notifications from looting a boss have been revamped.
- new recipes have been added to create items: armor up to item level 680 and weapons up to item level 670. Cooking: 125 bonus to a stat.
- new death recap screen: when your character is killed, the screen now shows more information on what killed you.
- auto accept-checkbox available after the group has been listed.
Patch 6.2.0 (june 2015)
- new zone: Tanaan jungle was opened. Kazzak is the new world boss. New pets, new treasures, new rares etc.
- new raid: hellfire citadel, 13 bosses
- new building: shipyard
- new missions: naval missions
- new dungeon difficulty: mythic dungeons
- bonus events (calender) f.e. timewalking dungeons: Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King (5 dungeons each)
- adventure guide: an evolution of the dungeon journal
- questline for the legendary ring continues
- darkmoon faire: when fishing you can return darkmoon daggermaws to Galissa Sundew at the faire and receive a variety of prices.
- personal loot improvements: overall droprates have been increased and the raid or party now sees when someone in the group wins an item on personal loot.
- as boss health and damage in highmaul and blackrock was reduced by 20% these achievements are no longer obtainable: ahead of the curve: imperator’s fall, cutting edge: imperator’s fall, ahead of the curve: Blackhand’s crucible and cutting edge: Blackhand’s crucible
- Ashran: 2 weekly quests
- class changes:
- deathknight: anti magic shell now absorbs 100% of magical damage
- hunter: aspect of the fox has been removed
- mage: amplifiy magic has been removed (again!)
- paladin: holy: devotion aura reduces all damage taken
- priest: the optical effect of shadow form doesn’t apply it’s visual effect to the priest’s mount; use “glyph of shadowy friends” to get back the shadowy effect on your mount and even your pet.
- rogue: new items have been added to pickpocket from humanoids in Tanaan jungle, new weekly quest. combat: killing spree now only grants immunity to root and snare effects and the effect is now cancelled if the rogue is affected by other crowd-control effects.
- warlock: dark soul now resets at the end of a raid encounter for all specializations. Doomguards now appear smaller to other characters that aren’t the summoning warlock. Warlock pets received a visual upgrade: imp, felguard, voidlord and wrathguard.
- new ranks for warlords crafted items: up to item level 715
- faster profession leveling: many level-up crafting recipes give more skill points.
- inscription: mass milling of Draenor herbs have been added, allowing 20 herbs to be milled at once.
Patch 6.22 (august 2015)
- flying in Draenor for characters that have attained the account-wide achievement Draenor pathfinder.
- pvp mercenary mode: act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in pvp whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds.
- new timewalking rewards: take timewarped badges to the vendors and get equipment for your alts, buy heirlooms or reputation tokens if you need them.
- two achievements have been added: collecting 200 toys and collecting 300 mounts
- Ashran now has a deserter mechanic.
- events coordinator: visit her during hallow’s end or feast of winter veil to obtain garrison decorations that are usable all year round!
- target marker icons have been disabled in public chat channels.
- changes to racial abilities
Patch 6.2.3 (november 2015)
- new timewalking dungeons: Cataclysm has been added (6 dungeons); + a Wotlk (Pit of Saron)- and a BC-dungeon (Magister’s Terrace)
- cross-Realm raiding has been enabled for hellfire citadel on mythic difficulty.
- item upgrades and valor are back – oh no! Let’s farm points.
- Looting the fragment of power from Archimonde on heroic or mythic difficulty and do the quest to get the grove warden mount.
My personal highlights this year in WoW were:
- my warlock got green fire (ready for legion :D)
- I’ve found a new raiding guild.
- new heirlooms
- and of course: more pets and mounts I love, new equip, new alts, new toys, new achievements.
- and a little surprise by ElvUI when I logged in on my alt (auction). His UI wasn’t set up at the time – anyone else who uses this UI might remember something like this:
What are your personal highlights in World of Warcraft this year? Comment, like, share 🙂